Project Homeless Connect Overview
Project Homeless Connect’s (PHC) mission is to engage the local community in the effort to end homelessness and to build sustainable partnerships toward that end. Our objectives are to assist people out of homelessness by:
- Providing one-stop access to significant human services,
- Raising public awareness of the issue of homelessness, and
- Involving community members in concrete action to address homelessness locally.
Each annual PHC event is one day of services where guests can obtain medical and vision screening, dental, mental health and DSHS services, Washington State ID cards, housing information, haircuts, pet care and other services. More than 50 service providers donate their staff time and equipment to give services on the spot or with a referral for free follow-up services after the event.
PHC honors the inherent worth and dignity of all of our Guests. PHC values hospitality, a core aspects of event design, volunteer training, and service delivery.
PHC starts from the idea that ending homelessness is beyond the scope of any public, private or nonprofit agency, and that the way forward requires broad community support and participation. Our ability to deliver valuable event services and support of the 10-Year Plan to End Homelessness is based upon the strength of relationships we have formed with donors, service providers and community volunteers since 2007.
Our established event sponsors include:
- St. Luke’s Foundation
- Whatcom Community Foundation
- Whatcom Educational Credit Union
- United Way of Whatcom County
- Bellingham Police Department
- Christ the King Church
- City of Bellingham Mayor’s Office
- Whatcom County Executive
- Whatcom Transit Authority
- Whatcom Volunteer Center